We are currently working on a new coprocessor to simply connect USB memory devices and SD cards to a microcontroller. The processor is compatible with the ALFAT SoC from GHI (ALF2X-SC-512).
- USB-Host Mass-Storage Ports (MSD/MSC full-speed)
- SD-Card interface (4-bit)
- FAT/FAT32 file system with long file names (LFN) based on FatFs
- Real-Time-Clock (RTC) with backup battery
- Based on a ST STM32F205 ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller
- ALFAT SoC compatible pinout and commands (replacement for GHI ALF2X-SC-512)
More information here.